Summary of the Draft Agreement between the Culver Community Schools Board
of School Trustees employing a new superintendent to be heard on Monday, November 18, 2013 at 6:30 p.m. in the
Culver Board Room located at 700 School St., Culver, IN
REGULAR TEACHER CONTRACT
Prescribed pursuant to
Ind. Code 20-28-6-3 as the
regular and uniform contract for the employment of teachers pursuant to Ind. Code 20-28-6-4 (b)
This regular teacher contract ("Contract") is by and between the governing body of the CULVER COMMUNITY SCHOOLS CORPORATION ("Corporation") and Superintendent ("Teacher"). Superintendent is a teacher as defined in Ind. Code 20-18-2-22.
In exchange for the Teacher's services described below, the Corporation and the Teacher agree that:
1. The Teacher shall teach in the schools of the Corporation for the school term, beginning JANUARY 1, 2014 and ending on DECEMBER 31, 2016. Ind. Code 20-28-6-2(a)(3)(A)
2. The school term described in paragraph 1 immediately above for services under this contract consists of 251.00 days. Ind. Code 20-28-6-2(a)(3)(B)
3. The number of hours per day the Teacher is expected to work under this Contract is 8.00.
Ind. Code 20-28-6-2(a)(3)(E)
4. The Corporation shall pay the Teacher for services under this Contract the total salary of $95,000.00 during the school year.
Ind. Code 20-28-6-2(a)(3)(C)
5. The Corporation shall pay this amount in 26.0 installments on a biweekly basis.
Ind. Code 20-28-6-2(a)(3)(D)
Ind. Code 20-28-6-5(1)
6. This Contract may be cancelled during its term for any of the grounds set forth in Ind. Code 20-28-7.5-1(e) pursuant to the procedures set forth in Ind. Code 20-28-7.5-2 and Ind. Code 20-28-7.5-3.
7. This Contract is a public record pursuant to Ind. Code 20-28-6-2(d) and Ind. Code 5-14-3.
Agreed this 25th day of NOVEMBER, 2013.
School Corporation by:
ADDENDUM TO CONTRACT
January 1, 2014 - December 31, 2016
In addition to the stipulated salary on the contract for the superintendent, all car expenses required for school business including parking lot charges are to be allowed. All mileage for school business is to be allowed at the approved rate per mile. Also, all expenses including meals and hotel expenses for approved school business are to be paid.
Administrators will receive an annuity consisting of a percentage of the base salary according to the following years of service as a Culver Community Schools administrator:
0-4 Years 4%
5-9 Years 5%
10+ Years 6%
It is also agreed that the Superintendent be allowed to attend the annual state and national conventions for the term of this contract.
All of these expenses are to be paid upon presentation of claim for same.
The Board will pay $15,336 for the family plan of HDHP/HSA Plan 6 of the medical and prescription insurance plan of which $3,000 is available for a health savings account. Full premiums will be paid for dental, vision, disability, and $100,000 term life insurance.
Personal leave will be as follows: 10-11 month contracts will receive 4 days personal leave with 12 month contracts to receive 5 days personal leave.
All administrators will receive 12 sick leave days per year and these are allowed to accumulate. This contract will begin with a possible transfer of 75 days from other Indiana school corporations and 10 days per year thereafter until all sick leave days eligible to be transferred are transferred.
Any administrator on a 12-month contract will receive a 4 week vacation during a calendar year. Unused vacation time may be used until June 30th of the following year.
Administrators may submit evidence of passing graduate credit hours for partial reimbursement at the rate of $100.00 per credit hour.
The Superintendent shall receive a 2% increase in the base salary the second and third year of the contract subject to an effective performance review by the School Board each year.
The Culver Community Schools Corporation will not be required to furnish any retirement benefit or medical insurance for the superintendent or his/her dependents after retirement from the corporation.
All administrators are entitled to at least what teachers receive in their written contract.