|8/15/2012 8:00:00 AM|
AN ORDINANCE OF THE TOWN COUNCIL OF THE TOWN OF KEWANNA, INDIANA, REGULATING THE USE OF
THE TOWN DUMP
Whereas, the Town of Kewanna ("Town") maintains a location at the intersection of North Street and North East Street, Kewanna, Indiana, 36939, commonly referred to as the "Town Dump," for the purpose of allowing town residents to deposit unwanted branches, grass, and yard waste.
Whereas, some town residents and others have been depositing other forms of refuse at the town dump, including trash, tires, and furniture.
Whereas, some town residents and others have been depositing refuse outside of the gate at the town dump.
Whereas, the town dump is not equipped to handle these other forms of refuse, all refuse needs to be inside the confines of the town dump, and it is in the best interest of the health and safety of the residents of the town that a uniform policy be adopted and that penalties be established regarding dumping and the accumulation and disposal of refuse at the town dump.
Now, therefore, be it ordained by the town council of Kewanna,
1. The following definitions shall apply whenever used in this Ordinance:
a. "Approved Waste" means branches, grass, and other forms of plant material that constitute yard waste, and it specifically excludes all other forms of waste, including but not limited to trash, rubbish, metal, rubber, and all other forms of man-made waste.
b. "Town Dump" shall mean the property located at the intersection of North Street and North East Street, Kewanna, Indiana, 46939, and maintained by the Town for use as a location for the dumping of approved waste.
2. No person shall throw, place, or deposit, or cause to be thrown, placed or deposited at the Town Dump any form of trash, refuse, rubbish, or any other item whatsoever EXCEPT FOR approved waste.
3. No person shall throw, place, or deposit, or cause to be thrown, placed or deposited any Approved Waste at the Town Dump unless said approved waste is thrown, placed, or deposited or caused to be thrown, placed or deposited inside of the open town dump gate. No person shall throw, place, or deposit, or cause to be thrown, placed or deposited any approved waste over the closed and/or locked Town Dump gate or outside of the closed and/or locked Town Dump gate.
4. Any person who violates any of the provisions of this Ordinance shall, upon conviction, be subject to a fine of five hundred dollars ($500.00). A separate offense shall be deemed committed upon each day during which a violation occurs or continues.
5. This Ordinance shall be codified in the Town of Kewanna, Indiana, Code of Ordinances as Title XVII, Chapter 174-30.
6. All ordinance and parts in conflict with this Ordinance are hereby repealed.
7. This Ordinance shall be effective from and after its passage and publication as required by law.
All of which is PASSED and ADOPTED this 2nd day of August, 2012, at the hour of 6:30 p.m.
Kewanna Town Council
Mark Smith, President
Attest: Jenny Kay
Article Comment Submission Form