|5/8/2007 2:44:00 PM|
Senior citizens take no credit for the modern world
|Senior citizens constantly are criticized for many deficiencies of the modern world, real or imaginary. We know we take responsibility for all we have done and do not blame others.|
However, upon reflection, we would like to point out that it was not the senior citizens who took:
The melody out of music,
The pride out of appearance,
The courtesy out of driving,
The romance out of love,
The commitment out of marriage,
The responsibility out of parenthood,
The togetherness out of the family,
The learning out of education,
The service out of patriotism,
The Golden Rule from rulers,
The Nativity scene out of cities,
The civility out of behavior,
The refinement out of language,
The dedication out of employment,
The prudence out of spending,
The ambition out of achievement, or, God out of government and school.
And we certainly are not the ones who eliminated patience and tolerance from personal relationships and interactions with others!
Here is a simple intelligence test for you to take (no need to report the number of incorrect answers to anyone):
1) Some months have 30 days, some months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days?
2) If a doctor gives you three pills and tells you to take one pill every half hour, how long would it be before all the pills had been taken?
3) I went to bed at eight o'clock in the evening and wound up my clock and set the alarm to sound at nine o'clock in the morning. How many hours sleep would I get before being awakened by the alarm?
4) A farmer had 17 sheep. All but 9 died. How many live sheep were left?
5) If you had only one match and entered a cold and dark room, where there was an oil heater, an oil lamp and a candle, which would you light first?
6) A man builds a house with four sides of rectangular construction, each side having a southern exposure. A big bear comes along. What color is the bear?
7) Take 2 apples from 3 apples. What do you have?
8) How many animals of each species did Moses take with him in the Ark?
9) If you drove a bus with 43 people on board from Chicago and stopped at Pittsburgh to pick up 7 more people and drop off 5 passengers and at Cleveland to drop off 8 passengers and pick up 4 more and eventually arrive at Philadelphia 20 hours later, what's the name of the driver?
1) All of them. Every month has at least 28 days.
2) 1 hour. If you take a pill at 1 o'clock,then another at 1:30 and the last at 2 o'clock, they will be taken in 1 hour.
3) 1 hour. It is a wind up alarm clock which cannot discriminate between a.m. and p.m.
4) 9 live sheep.
5) The match.
6) White. If all walls face south, the house must be on the North Pole.
7) 2 apples. I have 3 apples, you take 2, what do you have?
8) None. it was Noah, not Moses.
9) You are the driver.
Article Comment Submission Form